Wednesday 2 November 2011

DP1_Filmmaking: Process

My first project is filmmaking. I like filmmaking very much. I never use these professional devices before, so I felt exciting.

First I want to thank for my members of group: Jack, Kieran Zoe and Zoe. They are very nice guys! My English is poor, but they often patiently help me. Thank them!

We decided the story in class, it is about Robin Hoody. And second day jack brought the script. Then we booked the devices. This is preparation work.


We shot video in Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday we just shot some environment of Nottingham, including shots of the tram, arboretum, Robin Hood statue and castle. On Wednesday we shot video in Zoe’s home and the arboretum.

In the shooting, we follow the script to shoot. We tried to shot form different ways: establishing shot, long shot, mid-shot and a close- up shot. We shot a lot of video. we hope when we edit it we can have enough materials. The process of shoot was well. We discussed what are next then shot. We know we should avoid the unrelated things such as our bag and the microphone in the shoot. Anyway, we done this part.

Next part is editing the film. Actually, I like editing. I almost done this film cost my one night. My edit decision is that the victim talk what happened, include a short flashback. Then witness told us what she see. Finally the Robin Hoody say something.

When I editing this film, I think the color is different between videos, for example, I want to add a close up shot in a long shot, but the close up shot darker than long shot. This is looks like very strange. I tried to use some effect to set it lighter, but….not very well. Because before I already made videos by Premiere, I haven’t big problem when I made this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment